Regency Properties are committed to providing a high-quality letting service to all our clients; tenants and landlords alike. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it so that we can see where our standards and service need improving.
If you have a complaint about the service, you have received please contact us with full details in writing marked confidential to:
133 Northdown Road
Regency Properties will have up to 8 weeks to consider the details of the complaint and any action that needs to be taken.
If Regency Properties has not resolved the issue after the 8 weeks you are entitled to refer the matter to the Property Ombudsman or the Property Redress Scheme(details can be found overleaf).
Regency Properties will advise if for any practical reason we are unable to complete the investigation or review within the timescales, providing an estimate on when a conclusion can be provided.
Once a complaint has been received by Regency Properties:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of the complaint within 3 working days of receiving it, attaching a copy of this procedure for reference.
- An investigation into the complaint will then take place. The investigation will either be undertaken by one of the letting associates or by the manager of the team dependant on the details of the complaint.
- Once the investigation has taken place you will be invited to attend a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve the complaint.
- Within three days of the meeting we will write a further letter to confirm what was discussed and any outcomes from the meeting.
- If you do not wish to attend a meeting with Regency Properties (you must let us know in writing) the lead on the investigation will send a detailed letter replying to your complaint which will include any findings of the investigation and any suggestions for resolving the matter. We would then ask that you communicate with us (in writing) whether or not the suggestions provide a satisfactory resolution to the complaint.
- If you confirm in the letter that you are not satisfied, Regency Properties will arrange for another representative to review the complaint and the investigation. The aforementioned second representative will write to you following the receipt of your request for review, confirming our final position on your complaint and the reasons behind it, expressing any views or offers.
- If you are still not satisfied you can then contact The Property Ombudsman, to escalate your complaint, this must be done within twelve months of receiving the ‘final view point’ letter.
Details to contact the Ombudsman are as follows:
The Property Ombudsman
43-55 Milford House
Telephone: 01722 333306
Property Redress Scheme
Telephone: 0333 321 9418